Renovating your home can be an exciting and appealing project, for many people it’s a task they have wanted to do for some time. When the moment arrives, it’s really important that you take the time to adequately plan, prepare and budget so that costly mistakes and damages are prevented.
Sometimes, renovations can impact your furnace and residential heating solutions. Anytime you embark on renovations, there is a larger volume of dust, debris and particles that can interfere with the efficiency of your home furnace. Overtime, this dust builds up resulting in a furnace that has to work harder to keep your home warm, especially in Calgary winters, and can potentially contribute to higher energy bills.
When Calgary home owners neglect their furnace maintenance, they often will require emergency furnace repair services, which is more costly than engaging in regular furnace maintenance and upkeep. Bottom line, regular checkups on your Calgary furnace will save you money on your energy bill and help to prevent emergency repair fees.
If you are renovating your Calgary home, there are some precautions you can take to ensure your heating system is not compromised:
- Connect with Alpha Plumbing. You can speak with one of our friendly furnace repair and maintenance technicians. We’ll provide feedback on how you can protect your duct system and try to keep excess dust out of your furnace
- If possible, work outdoors or keep messy areas contained to the garage. Sawing, sanding and drilling creates saw dust that can get sucked up into your ventilation and furnace.
- If you are working indoors, take the time to put up tarps or plastic sheets to limit how much dust and particles can travel within your home.
- Cover each of your vents closest to your workspace, but make sure there is still enough airflow throughout the rest of the house as to not cause a burden on the machinery inside your furnace while it operates.
- Consider turning your furnace off during your renovation process. This will help to reduce the risk of a damaged furnace.
- Following your renovations, be sure to check your furnace filters and replace them if necessary. We suggest replacing your furnace air filters at least once a month.
- Connect with Alpha Plumbing for a maintenance check. We’ll ensure that your furnace is clean, that the machinery is well lubricated and of-course inspect for any damaged parts to help maintain the lifetime and efficiency of your furnace.
Alpha Plumbing services the Calgary area and surrounding communities. We offer both residential and commercial furnace repair and heating solutions. Contact us today for your free estimate and consultation.