Your Alberta garbage disposal does so much more than grinding food scraps. It keeps your kitchen trash pail clean and odour-free. It helps decrease the amount of food that decays in landfills and emits greenhouse gas. It prevents food waste from clogging your plumbing and makes meal cleanup easy.
Your garbage disposal is one of the most hardworking appliances in your Calgary, AB, kitchen. It performs best when installed correctly, with the precision and craftsmanship that Alpha Plumbing brings to every job. You can count on us for leak detection, hydro jetting, and other services. Our trained and experienced plumbers can ensure a perfect fit for your new garbage disposal, regardless if it is a replacement or a first-time installation.
We pride ourselves on delivering honest, trustworthy service to homes and businesses. Contact us to replace your aging garbage disposal or add a new one to your kitchen.
Garbage Disposal Replacement and Installation
If you have a big family and frequently prepare meals at home, you may need a unit with more horsepower. Typically, more powerful garbage disposals are bigger than standard models. The space available under your sink may dictate the brand or model you choose.
A continuous feed garbage disposal enables you to add scraps as it operates. Batch feed models only run when a safety stopper covers the drain.
Our experts can advise you about the many features available, including noise reduction technology, single- and multiple-stage grinding, push-button starters, and dishwasher drain connectors.
At Alpha Plumbing, we offer convenient flexible monthly payments to help you purchase the right equipment for your comfort and safety. Call us today.
Calgary, Garbage Disposal Repair
No matter how careful you are with your garbage disposal, breakdowns can happen. If your garbage disposal stops working or jams frequently, we can help. Contact us if you experience these problems:
- A garbage disposal that hums when you turn it on indicates it has power. Food or an object likely is jamming the grinding components.
- It works, but the water does not drain. The garbage disposal, the pipe under the sink, or the drain line likely is clogged.
- If you find water in your sink cabinet, the connections between pipes and your garbage disposal may be loose or a worn rubber gasket at the top of the garbage disposal may need replacement.
How Old Is Your Garbage Disposal?
If they are maintained, garbage disposals can last up to 15 years. If your unit jams up frequently or makes loud noises, it may be time to replace it.
Every installation or replacement we handle is different because plumbing systems vary from kitchen to kitchen. If this is your first garbage disposal, we can confirm if your plumbing is ready to handle a new appliance.
We can help you choose the best garbage disposal for your needs and budget:
- Do you want stainless steel or galvanized steel components in your new garbage disposal?
- Do you prefer a hardwired model or one that plugs into an outlet?
- Is continuous feed or batch feed better for your needs?
Maintain Your Garbage Disposal
You can extend the life of your new garbage disposal and prevent unexpected breakdowns with these simple maintenance tips:
- Keep your drain smelling fresh by grinding a few lemon peels.
- Refrain from grinding fibrous foods, such as celery, or hard waste, like fruit pits and chicken bones. Some garbage disposals with two- and three-stage grinding can handle tough food waste. Cheque the instructions for your model.
- Occasionally grind a few ice cubes to sharpen your garbage disposal's blades.
- Keep grease and shellfish shells out of your garbage disposal.
- Always run cold water while the garbage disposal is operating to help flush food particles through the drain. Let the water run for a few seconds after turning off the appliance.
- Avoid stuffing large amounts of food scraps into your garbage disposal.
Join our Care Plan today to remove all the stress of maintaining your plumbing system. Enjoy priority service, friendly reminders, and other perks when you become a club member. Sign up today!
Are You Ready to Make Your Life Easier in the Kitchen?
Our qualified pros at Alpha Plumbing are ready to help with your next plumbing project in the Calgary, AB, area. Call us today at 403-470-5785 or request service online for garbage disposal replacement and installation services.
WHY CHOOSE Alpha Plumbing
PROFESSIONAL, COURTEOUS TECHNICIANS
Our certified technician Calgary plumbers are not your stereotypical sloppy, unkempt plumbers from days past. Our team takes pride in showing up at your house or place of business in a clean uniform, ready to tackle your plumbing and heating issues. We treat your home with caution and respect, ensuring a friendly, positive experience.
CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH
Our Alpha Plumbing team deals directly with each and every one of our valued customers, making ourselves available for constant communication. Our personal, individualized service approach leaves our customers feeling connected and well taken care of. In short, we listen to your needs and will not rest until you are satisfied.
35+ YEARS OF COMBINED EXPERIENCE AT YOUR DISPOSAL
Alpha Plumbing’s president, Dan Di Lembo, possesses over a decade of professional trade experience from resolving issues both big and small. Whatever your specific situation may be, chances are we have the experience to find the solution.
We work with you to find products and solutions that fit your individual style and budget. We make sure our rates are competitive, ensuring our customers receive both a high-quality and high-value experience.
LICENSED, CERTIFIED, AND INSURED TECHS
You can rest easy knowing that the job is getting done with licensed, certified, and insured expert precision.
CONTACT YOUR LOCAL TRUSTED PLUMBERS AT ALPHA
Our technicians can service any commercial or residential plumbing need quickly and efficiently.