Why Choose Alpha Plumbing?
Our Plumbing Process
Call 403-470-5785 to talk to our friendly Customer Care Rep. Our Certified Technicians will diagnose your issue quickly and efficiently, after you welcome them into your home.
Request An Appointment:
Before setting up a heating or plumbing appointment, feel free to request a professional consultation or ask a question. We will try to get back to you within 24 hours.
Schedule Online Now!
Drain Cleaning Services in Calgary
Clogged, slow or backed-up drains can lead to messy and expensive problems that are not easily fixed.
If the drain issue doesn’t resolve itself quickly, it can get worse and create more severe issues like persistent foul odours and even water damage from water gushing back into your home.
You may be tempted to use a chemical drain cleaner or plunger and attempt a DIY job if your drains are clogged. Not only are most such chemicals harsh on the environment but they don’t work for anything other than minor clogs.
Most larger drain problems require trained professional plumbers with specialist equipment.
The professional drain cleaning services from the team at Alpha Plumbing help you both clear blocked drains and prevent future problems from occurring.
What drain cleaning services do we provide?
At Alpha Plumbing, we provide the following drain cleaning services:
- Clearing general drain blockages in the kitchen, bathroom or shower, such as slow or lightly clogged drains.
- Clearing major clogs with a chemical-free, jet-flush solution that is easy on the pipes but clears most stubborn problems.
- Replacement of drainage pipes without having to dig on your property, minimizing disruption and inconvenience.
- Regular maintenance and cleaning to prevent drainage/sewage system problems.
- Removal of tree roots, which are a common cause of clogged drain problems in Calgary.
How to prevent clogged drains from occurring
With sink, tub and shower clogs, prevention is the best cure. A few simple steps can help you keep drains clear and the plumbing system in good working order.
It’s especially important to educate the family about the kitchen, bathroom and shower drains as many problems are caused by human action rather than an inherent problem with the pipes or drainage system.
The most important lesson of all for homeowners is that limiting what you put down a drain is the best way to prevent problems:
- Do not put food, coffee grounds or grease in kitchen drains. Unwanted food should go in the trash or compost heap (not the garbage disposal).
- Pour liquid grease into a sealable container and, after it cools, place it in the trash (or recycle it).
- Cover your tub and shower drains with a mesh screen or a perforated shower drain to catch hair and other debris.
- Replace the shower or tub stopper with one that has a built-in screen to keep hair from entering the drain.
- Brush your hair before you shower/bathe and avoid showering pets at home.
- Try to keep soap scum out of bathroom drains.
- Only flush human waste and toilet paper in the toilet – no dense, stringy or bulky materials.
- Don’t flush dental floss.
To ensure your drains are kept clean and free of blockages, you should educate everyone in the household about the above. Also, try to remember to do the following:
- Clean drains weekly: for sinks, pull out the pop-up stopper and remove debris, rinse the stopper and reinsert it. For the shower, remove the drain stopper or tub drain and use a bent wire or hair-catching brush to remove hair and other debris.
- Flush drains weekly: to flush a drain, fill your tub with hot water and then drain it. For shower drains, run hot water down the drain after showering.
- Deep-clean tub drains once a month: remove the overflow plate, raise the pop-up assembly to reach the spring or rocker arm and remove hair and debris, before rinsing the pop-up assembly.
- Clean drains with a biodegradable/non-corrosive and bacterial cleaner every month.
How do you know if your drains need cleaning?
There are some obvious — and not-so-obvious — signs that your drains are blocked and need cleaning:
Most obviously, clogged drains will drain water either slowly or not at all. Clogged toilets are the worst of all but any clogged drain can cause potential water damage in your home.
Drain cleaning in Calgary
For drain cleaning services in Calgary, an experienced drain technician from Alpha Plumbing will visit your home and discuss your options.
All plumbing work is covered by our one-year guarantee for parts and labour.
Schedule an appointment.
Call us today at (403)-470-5785 to find out more about our plumbing services and to make an appointment for an evaluation with an experienced Calgary plumber.
You can also fill out our online appointment form provided.