The Alpha Plumbing Process
Call 403-470-5785 to talk to our friendly Customer Care Rep. Our Certified Technicians will diagnose your issue quickly and efficiently, after you welcome them into your home.
Request An Appointment:
Before setting up a heating or plumbing appointment, feel free to request a professional consultation or ask a question. We will try to get back to you within 24 hours.
Book Online Today!
Burst & Frozen Pipe Repairs
Frozen Pipe Repair Services in Calgary
As soon as Alberta temperatures starts dipping, you should start thinking about ways to prevent your pipes from freezing – and have a dependable plumbing company on speed dial in case they do.
For years, Alpha Plumbing has offered unrivaled plumbing and heating services and knowledge to our clients, and our team of highly qualified, licensed professionals knows exactly what it takes to ensure that their properties and enterprises are well-protected during the harsh Alberta winter.
Frozen pipes can be incredibly dangerous; when water expands and freezes inside the pipe, the pressure caused by the ice can make the pipe burst open. Even a brief stream of water from a burst frozen pipe can cause extensive damage totaling tens of thousands of dollars–damage that may not even be covered by insurance.
The easiest approach to minimize the hazards connected with frozen and bursting pipes is to use a prevention method. The ideal solution is to make sure that any of your home’s exterior piping is adequately guarded and heated from the cold. This is the first preventative action you should take. To protect against any of your house’s interior pipes freezing, apply caulk or weatherstripping around all of your doors and windows.
If you have an outdoor sprinkler system, be sure to fully drain it before unplugging it and bringing it inside for safekeeping.
An unfortunate result of a hard freeze is sometimes frozen pipes that cannot be repaired. In these cases, you will need entirely new piping. But don’t fret! Alpha Plumbing has got you covered with replacement options for your broken-beyond-repair pipes.
Once you schedule an appointment with us, we’ll arrive on time and use only the most cutting-edge tools in the industry to make sure that everything is done correctly from start to finish. We’ll be quick and efficient, leaving your property clean and tidy, and we’re always available if you have any questions or concerns about our work.
Don’t let the winter chill get to you! If your pipes are frozen or have burst, our experts at Alpha Plumbing will help you repair them in no time. We’re here to help you stay warm all season long.
Don’t let the winter wreak havoc on your home’s plumbing system. Alpha Plumbing provides expert frozen pipe repairs so you can enjoy continued access to water and plumbing services in your home no matter what the weather brings.Let Us Help You Save Money
How to know if you have a frozen pipe?
Homeowners need to be watchful for telltale signs that their pipes are (or will soon be) frozen so they can avoid water damage from pipe leaks or bursting. When water freezes in a pipe, the pressure it creates can crack even metal pipes; when this happens, water can leak or burst from the pipe and potentially lead to flooding in the home.
If you're unsure whether your pipes are frozen, look out for these telltale signs:
- Outside temperatures dip to -7 C or lower for a consecutive 6 hours (this makes for the perfect conditions for pipes to freeze)
- You weren’t able to winterize outdoor faucets and hose bibs (these pipes are the most prone to freezing during winter)
- You can see an icy residue on the exposed pipe that is suspected to have frozen
- You can hear unusual sounds from the pipe that is suspected to have frozen
- You can see a bulge or crack on the pipe that is suspected to have frozen
- You have decreased water pressure from certain faucets or fixtures
How to prevent frozen pipes
Here are some helpful hints to keep you from having frozen pipes.
- Shut off the valve to drain any water left in all outside pipes and hose faucets. Pay attention to any pipes that may not be adequately insulated, such as those running through the garage, basement, or even into the attic.
- Summer may be coming to an end, but that doesn't mean your home's plumbing should. Schedule an appointment with Alpha Plumbing today and have our team inspect your system for any problem areas. By taking care of these potential issues now, you can help prevent your pipes from freezing in the colder months ahead. Don't wait – call us today!
- Leave your home's heating system on low when you go on vacation; don't turn it off entirely since there may be a cold snap while you're away, causing the pipes to freeze.
- To improve the circulation of warm air throughout your house, open cabinet doors just slightly.
- Keep the garage door closed if it has a water supply.
Frozen and Burst Pipe Repair by Certified Plumbers
An estimated 250,000 homes are affected by frozen water pipes every year. If you live in an area prone to freezing temperatures, you may be at risk for frozen and burst pipes. Each year, these repairs cost Calgary homeowners millions of dollars.
But by calling our certified technicians as soon as you suspect your pipes are frozen, we can help thaw them before they break and save you money on costly repairs.
Here are the services that we offer regarding burst and frozen pipes:
Whether the frozen pipes are exposed or not, we’ll be able to promptly locate them once we get to your home. After we’ve located the frozen pipe, we will use special thawing equipment to make sure that the pipe thaws as quickly and as safe as possible. This way you will avoid any leaks from the pipe if it cracks. Before we leave, we will inspect the pipe and ensure that it hasn’t been damaged by the freeze.
If freezing has caused your pipes to burst, the first thing to do is to shut off the water supply to the leaking pipe. This is to avoid flooding while we are on our way to assist you. The moment we get there, we will assess the damage and present the best solution. Depending on the case, the pipe can be patched or replaced in order to restore your plumbing system to optimum functionality. Before we leave, we will test if your plumbing is working perfectly then proceed to clean up any excess water.
Pipe Insulation to Prevent Future Freezing
Pipe insulation will help your pipes retain the temperature of the water flowing inside it instead of being affected by the colder outside temperature. If you would like to lessen the chances of your pipes freezing every winter (especially for uninsulated areas), this is the perfect solution for you.
Schedule an appointment.
Call us today at (403)-470-5785 to find out more about our plumbing services and to make an appointment for an evaluation with an experienced Calgary plumber.
You can also fill out our online appointment form provided.